|Programme Support Officer (Corporate Development) internship|
|Salary:||£369.25 per week|
|Date Posted:||11 February 2019|
|Vacancy Type:||LCIP Internship|
Job title: Programme Support Officer (Corporate Development team)
Duration: 3 months internship
Salary: £369.25 per week
Hours: 35 hours
Deadline: Please apply ASAP, as the deadline is Tuesday 12th February 2019. CVs will be sent on Wednesday 13th February at 12pm.
Please note that the University of London, CoSector Recruitment Services team, will be managing this role. So for any enquiries, please contact us directly.
Our Transformation Service is our engine room for making change happen. We have recently established centres of excellence within the team focussed on design, delivery and Portfolio Management Office (PMO) bringing together the wide range of specialist skill sets required to help our organisation transform.
We have an ambitious programme of work ahead of us, set out in our Creating Futures programme which describes an exciting blueprint for all of our services across the Council. Our ambition is to establish a best-in-class Transformation function and offer, and we are looking for individuals who are keen to help us deliver change and help us grow and develop our function.
About the Corporate Development Directorate
We have recently formed a new Corporate Development Directorate creating a centre of excellence in order for the Council to deliver its ambition and to help build the Council of the future. We’re excited about the future for Waltham Forest, and for the Corporate Development Directorate and we are looking for driven, dynamic and forward thinking individuals who share our ambition for change.
The London Borough of Waltham Forest is fiercely ambitious. We want to make sure each and every one of our residents enjoys aquality life in London.
As a Programme Support Officer, you will be a key agent in ensuring change happens in Waltham Forest.
· You will support the Programme Management Officer (PMO) with various elements that include project and programme assurance, reporting, risk and issue identification and escalation as well as any governance arrangement required.
· You will support Project Managers and Service Designers to help them design and deliver new ways of working – using a structured approach and ensure that we deliver lasting, impactful change.
The Candidate requirement
Would be ideal for graduates with any degree and with experience in Project/ Programme management. We’re looking for graduates who are driven to improve public services.
· Previous experience within a PMO or programme environment will be greatly appreciated
· Previous experience of managing a mixed and varied workload of conflicting priorities, be responsive to the needs of all customers, be effective at planning, monitoring and reviewing.
· The ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and be numerate and accurate, with attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills that will help you stand out
|If you would like to apply for this job then please click on the button below.|