We are currently seeking a Project Manager who will join our client’s Operations Team. This is a 9-month contract with potential to be extended.
Operating in 21 countries (including 11 in Europe), our client is a world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, baby food pouches beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even the likes of cigarette butts or marine plastics. Our client creates collection and recycling solutions systems for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. They are partnered with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, Procter & Gamble and JDE amongst others. This employer has also partnered with SUEZ, one of the largest resource management companies in the world, to develop joint innovative and differentiating recycling solutions.
Our client’s largest business unit called “national recycling programmes” enables end consumers to ship their waste back to our client for recycling in a convenient and traceable manner thanks to mail back services supported by national postal carriers (i.e. Royal Mail, La Poste) or private parcel shipping companies (i.e. UPS, Relais Colis).
We are currently looking for a Project Manager who is going to be responsible for the creation and management of innovative collection pilots for our client’s existing brand partners with the goal of creating collection costs efficiencies, with a focus on France and the UK. The Project Manager will be responsible for exploring and implementing efficiency measures within the existing parcel model and building new collection models from scratch by identifying collection suppliers including but not limited to local and national freight, reverse logistics and waste management companies.
The project manager will report into the Operations lead and work closely with the General Manager and the Brand Partnership team who is in charge of the day to day liaison with clients.
- Analysing existing collection models and suggesting improvements or changes that can lead to cost savings
- Researching collection, logistics and shipping partners who can offer services to trial new collection pilots locally or nationally
- Organising calls and/or meetings with potential suppliers to present the company and collect details on mechanics and price proposals
- Working closely with the global pricing team to build cost models and financial proposals
- On-boarding new suppliers and transitioning them to the Operations and Finance teams
- Keep on top of latest trends and developments in the logistics and supply chain sector
- Supporting other departments (Business Development, Zero Waste Boxes, etc.) with the scoping and development of new offers
- Fluent in both French and English
- Good knowledge of logistics and supply chain players in the UK and/or France
- Background in supply chain, procurement, operations
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Analytical, at ease with numbers and with good Excel skills
- Desirable: Good knowledge of, and experience working within, EU waste regulations for transport and storage
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently but also comfortable within a team
- A problem solver capable of thinking outside the box
- Ability and willingness to travel from time to time locally and to France
- A degree in an appropriate field (business, supply chain, logistics, etc.)
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Start date – ASAP