From temp jobs to internships, find the perfect position for you
||Legal Associate (Trainee Solicitor based in London)
||£26k - £30k per annum
||31 October 2018
TITLE: Legal Associate
OFFICE LOCATION: London
LEVEL: Trainee Solicitor with 6 month probation.
REPORTING TO: Associate General Counsel
SALARY: £26K-£30K per annum
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising in respect of a variety of agreements including:
- Cloud agreements
- Sale, installation and maintenance agreements
- Network services agreement
- Co-location and carrier agreements
- Software licenses
- Lease agreements
- Confidential agreements
- Distribution and Service Partner agreements
- Data processor agreements
- Responding to the legal aspects in tender responses
- Liaise with the global legal team in the US and comply with any requests
- Assist with the EMEA region to create / implement / review / amend processes/training as and when required
- Provide corporate secretarial support as and when required
- Provide assistance in relation to data protection matters
- Provide ad hoc legal advice and assistance when required
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Shares relevant information and ideas with the rest of the team
- Ensures everyone who needs to know is up to date with information regarding the day to day tasks that require their assistance/team efforts.
- Cooperates with others in trying to achieve targets set for that group but is considerate of the “one company – one direction”
- mutual respect to others
- Is considered by others to be committed to the team, open and honest and a good team player.
- Can identify day to day issues and resolve them as they arise
- Knows when it is necessary to seek guidance and support from other sources
- Can make decision and take action to resolve issues within parameters of day to day activity
- Takes ownership of the problem
- Reports problems as they arise that are outside of their level of authority and presents solutions to resolve
- Is responsible for speedy solutions
- Provides prompt, efficient and personal assistance in meeting defined customer requirements
- Understands the need to provide a service to the customer that is within parameters such as service level agreements.
- Updates the manager on given tasks – “status update”
- Ability to escalate issues in a timely manner
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Uses direct persuasion through discussion and other mediums in a confident manner
- Outlines the pros and cons of the different approaches (within set boundaries/policies or procedures)
- Uses logical persuasion and points out the benefits of following a particular route
- Ensures manager and supervisor is aware of the activity through regular communication.
- Understands and proactively identifies the details behind their work, will be able to offer insight to crucial details when challenged.
- Thoroughly checks work within a given parameter, is not expected to determine whether the data passed to them is correct in the first instance
- Can identify the component parts of a problem and isolate areas of concern for activity to rectify
- Asks direct questions of the people who are in a position to answer them
- Reads company information to stay abreast of industry and company news.
- Law Degree or equivalent.
- Passed the Legal Practice Course or Bar or equivalent
- Technical/Vocational Skills
- Must be able to work independently for matters under the laws of England and Wales
- It would be an advantage to have German/French language skills
- It would be an advantage to have telecommunications / IT experience.
- It would be an advantage to have experience dealing with companies in the financial services sector.
- It would be an advantage to have in-house experience and ability to communicate with non-legal personnel and provide practical solutions
These job description have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within these posts. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. These may therefore be subject to future amendments according to the needs of the business.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS/NEXT STEPS
Interested candidates should apply below with their CVs. If you are successful, a member of the recruitment team will contact you via telephone to conduct the initial interview.
|If you would like to apply for this job then
please click on the button below.