An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 6 month internship as a Data Analyst at an information services provider specializing in the healthcare sector based in London.
We are the world’s leading information, services and technology company dedicated to making healthcare perform better. By applying cutting-edge analytics and proprietary application suites hosted on our intelligent cloud, the company connects more than 10 petabytes of complex healthcare data on diseases, treatments, costs and outcomes to enable our clients to run their operations more efficiently. Drawing on information from 100,000 suppliers, and on insights from more than 45+ billion healthcare transactions processed annually, our 9,000+ expert resources drive results for over 5,000 healthcare clients globally. Customers include pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer health manufacturers and distributors, providers, payers, government agencies, policymakers, researchers and the financial community.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team for a 6 month internship at our London office. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting projects across our various teams and locations.
- To provide support in the profiling of new data sources and suggest appropriate business rules for transformation and verification based on results
- To provide support in the testing and validation of developments to our services, utilizing a wide variety of data sources and systems.
- To work closely with development teams and Business units to design and carry out test cases against new developments, ensuring appropriate approaches are used and outputs are delivered to deadlines and quality standards.
- To obtain and utilize expertise relating to our data, software and systems to document key production processes in detail in plain English.
- Develop a full understanding of all relevant data sources and production systems
- To deploy knowledge & expertise in the integration and analysis of data and the application of analytical techniques for User Acceptance Testing of new deliverables.
- Work with offshore development teams to create data extracts and to raise and assist in the resolution of defects.
- Develop an understanding of our production and data transformation processes, their capacities and limitations and to manage expectations appropriately.
- To extract relevant information from a wide variety of data sources and manipulate data using core tools (e.g. SQL, MS Excel, MS Access, Business Objects) and produce reports and presentations that deliver information in the most appropriate and impactful way.
- Manage personal workload and complete all tasks by agreed timelines or notify project managers of any risk arising in time for mitigation plans to be put in place.
- Respond in a highly professional manner to all challenges, wherever possible diagnosing the root causes or liaising with relevant internal staff to ensure timely resolutions.
- Support on the documentation of new production processes, quality processes and test results using globally recognised standards.
We are looking for a bright and highly motivated candidate with an interest in this sector. We are looking for a graduate with a science, statistical or modeling degree with an interest in healthcare or life sciences.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft office, including advanced user of MS Excel and MS Access to manipulate and analyze data and information from a series of sources.
- Ability to present complex results in a clear language avoiding technical jargon without sacrificing detail or meaning.
- Ability to support the execution of deliverables within a team environment, to schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge of SQL and an aptitude for programming logic would be a benefit
Through the course of their work the intern will gain in-depth knowledge and market experience in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostics industries. They will have the opportunity to learn problem formulation and analysis: quantitative and qualitative, business research and assessment and client interaction.
The internship will pay £358 a week.